Welcome to Muzzle To Muscle Canine Rehabilitation and Wellness Centre!
We are located at 251 Ingham Road Garbutt. We have parking directly in front of our building and also on street parking. We have included below a brief outline of what to expect at your ﬁrst New Client Consult. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
At your ﬁrst New Client Consult, your pet will be examined by our therapists. We will evaluate your pet’s condition and other aspects of his or her health, ask you questions, and will perform a thorough examination of your pet’s gait, range of motion, strength, mobility, and pain. From this information we will create an individualised rehabilitation plan for your pet. This plan may also include a written, at-home exercise schedule for you to follow between visits.
When you arrive, please toilet your dog! Even if your dog went at home, it is a good idea to arrive 5 minutes early so as to toilet them on arrival, as car journeys can be very exciting! Please pick up after your dog.
Bring your dog in on a leash and under control. We have an on-leash policy and no dogs are allowed off leash until otherwise directed by a staff member. Your dog may be friendly but, not all dogs are comfortable with other dogs approaching them. We try to avoid dog to dog contact, please advise on booking if your dog is dog/people aggressive/unsure so that we can make alternate arrangements where possible.
Your dog may not get wet on their ﬁrst visit. However, when they do, giving your dog a good brush to remove loose hair and dirt before their hydrotherapy will be greatly appreciated.
We would recommend that you do not feed a meal to your dog within two (2) hours prior to swimming (treats are ok), or one (1) hour after a swim.
Terms and Conditions
1. Muzzle To Muscle reserves the right to refer animals under treatment to a veterinarian for further consultation if they feel necessary, and treatment may be ceased until such consultation has been taken.
2. If an owner is advised to seek referral from a veterinarian and declines this referral, Muzzle To Muscle takes no responsibility for any injury or worsening of any current conditions
3. Animals with diarrhoea, infectious or contagious conditions will not be treated or permitted to swim. Dogs with open wounds may not be permitted to swim. This is both for your dog’s health and the health of others. Animals with ﬂeas or other parasites may be asked to leave.
4. Owners are required to notify Muzzle To Muscle if during the course of treatment, the animal’s injury or condition worsens, or if the vet advises that treatment is to be altered, stopped or suspended.
5. Muzzle To Muscle reserves the right to refuse treatment to any animal
6. Muzzle To Muscle reserves the right to use any video footage or still shots taken during the session unless otherwise advised
7. Muzzle To Muscle does not take any responsibility for any accident or injury sustained by the animal’s handler whilst the animal is undergoing treatment, and cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles or personal property howsoever occasioned, whilst on the premises.
Muzzle To Muscle Canine Rehabilitation and Wellness Centre is not a veterinary facility. It is not intended to be a replacement for primary veterinary care. Muzzle To Muscle will provide updates and progress reports to the referring veterinarian if requested.
Payment Methods and Terms
All session fees are to be paid prior to or on the day of your appointment. We do not run accounts under any circumstances. Session fees can be paid either
1. Cash at the time of your appointment
2. Credit Card at the time of your appointment
3. Direct debit prior to your appointment
4. Pre Purchased packages via our website using Oxipay
If you should cancel your session with less than 24 hours notice, or not show up for your allocated time, you will be charged 50% of your session fee, payable prior to, or at your next appointment. This is due to the fact that it is difficult for us to book other clients with such short notice.
We appreciate your understanding that our time is as precious as yours. This payment policy has been introduced due to unpaid accounts, and late cancellations affecting our business, and keeping other clients and their dogs waiting longer than necessary for your assistance.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding of these payment terms for our services. Should you need further clarification and understanding of these terms, please do not hesitate to speak with us.